Laver & Wood Specialist Handles
Laver & Wood customise handles to match customers requirements. The right handle can make a huge difference to the performance of a bat, and this goes beyond the width and the number of grips. Laver & Wood can alter the profile of the handle, favouring an oval shape at the base to open up the bottom hand. This helps batsmen choose when to hit the ball in the air by preventing the bottom hand becoming dominant.
We are constantly aiming to create the best bats available (a bat being more than just the piece of willow) and are confident that one of the handles we offer will help go a long way to ensuring your on-going success.
All Laver & Wood handles conform to MCC regulations.
You can see the four different L&W handle options (and some background information) below:
Standard Cane Handle
- The standard cane handle is what most bats have been made with for the past hundred years and more.
- It is reasonably flexible and gives batsmen a great idea of how hard they have hit the ball without even needing to watch where the ball has gone.
- We recommend this bat for traditional players who are just as concerned with placement rather than power.
- The flexibility of the handle is essentially wasted energy so, whilst allowing for awesome performance, the biggest hitters out there might prefer something different.
- The Standard Cane handles can be made in Oval, Round,Thick, Thin, Long, Short, Super Short and all youth sizes.
- This handle is for players looking for ultimate performance.
- The carbon fibre insert into the top of the handle stiffens this section and limits flex.
- As mentioned above flexibility is wasted energy so the CarboCane technology allows for this power to transmit back through the face of the bat and into every shot you play.
- An extra 10% of power might not sound like much but can turn a one bounce four, or a boundary catch, into a comfortable six.
- The L&W CarboCane handles can be made in Oval, Round, Thick, Thin, Long, Short, Super Short and all youth sizes.
- The WillowCane handle is a design that James has been working on, and perfecting, over the last few years.
- The aim has been to create a very flexible handle that will stand up to the rigours of consistent use.
- This has not been easy but James is confident that he has got it spot on now so we have made it available to one and all.
- If you want to be as one with every single shot you play then this might be the best option for you.
- The L&W WillowCane handles can be made in Oval, Round, Thick, Thin, Long, Short, Super Short and Harrow sizes.
- The C-Ten is brand new technology and is proving to be incredibly popular.
- The feedback we have received has been amazing and we know that this handle is the future!
- Due to the honeycomb structure at the top of the handle it is reasonably rigid so performance is increased (similar to the CarboCane offering) but it is not so stiff that it feels strange in the hands.
- The other main benefit is that the clear resin used to infuse and secure the honeycomb is heavier than the cane it replaces. This brings the balance point of the bat further up the blade towards the hands and therefore makes it feel lighter.
- These factors improve balance and performance which are the two main factors looked for in an elite cricket bat.
- The L&W C-Ten handles can be made in Oval, Round, Thick, Thin, Long, Short, Super Short and Harrow sizes.
Please do get in touch if you have absolutely any questions about any of the above and we will be more than willing to discuss them in more depth through our online contact form .